The year-end figures allude to a stable market in terms of tenant demand but one where landlords will need more professional support to deliver first-class lets.
As 2018 draws to a close and a new year dawns, we bring you the lettings market latest in numbers. Strikingly, many of the figures below relate to landlords needing more assistance in their investment journey and a letting agents’ ability to provide professional support. It’s an ongoing theme and Aspire is increasingly managing properties for landlords who want all of the buy-to-let benefits without any of the tenant find, rent collection or compliance hassles.
- 4th – the position lettings legislation ranks for landlords in the list of biggest challenges*
- 4% - the amount that rent in London has increased by in October 2018, when compared to the same month in 2017**
- £1,619 - the average per calendar rent in the capital**
- 12% - the increase in people now using letting agents to manage the rental properties, when compared to 2017*
- 4.6 – the average number of property laws agents are aware of, compared to landlords’ 2.4
If your aim in 2019 is to invest in property or rent in SW London, Aspire would be delighted to help.
*Zoopla’s State of the Nation Report 2018
**HomeLet’s Rental Index for October 2018