South West London may be one of London’s urban gems but there’s no shortage of wide, open space and hip venues for everyone to enjoy. Here are Aspire’s top 5 places to enjoy the great outdoors
1. The Falcon on Bedford Road in Clapham is welcoming guests this summer with a full outdoor bar and BBQ. The pub is a few minutes’ walk from Clapham Common, so enjoy the feel of grass under your feet before grabbing a craft beer and a burger.
2. Tooting Bec Lido on Tooting Bec Road is the hot place to cool off. This Tooting highlight is the UK’s largest lido, with a main pool, a family-friendly padding pool and colourful pool-side changing cubicles.
3. The Devonshire on Balham High Road in Balham is running a beach club every Friday, Saturday and Sunday throughout the summer. Five private cabanas are available to hire, while a burger shack and summery cocktail list complete the beach theme.
4. Putt in the Park isa crazy golf course located in Battersea Park on Albert Bridge Road. The 19th hole comes in the shape in a licensed café with wood-fired pizza oven and a full drinks menu.
5. The Luna Cinema is one of the best-attended events at Fulham Palace and August sees screenings of war epic Dunkirk and feel-good film The Greatest Showman. Pack the popcorn and head to Bishop’s Avenue. Also operating in Battersea Park.