Aspire’s top tips for giving your home kerb appeal this spring.
Whether you’re selling your home, marketing a property to tenants or just want visitors to receive a warm welcome on arrival, spring is an excellent time to improve how your front-of-house looks.
We’ve visited hundreds of South West London homes and it’s the first impression that lasts the longest. Appearances may also help you achieve more money when selling, with a third of people willing to pay up to 25% more for a property with a freshly painted front door, smart brickwork, a well-kept garden and clean windows, according to research by Dulux Weathershield.
We’ve pooled together our best exterior presentation advice to share Aspire’s top tips below:-
- Garden presentation - any shrubs, hedges and lawns should be tended to. Weed, sweep, mow and prune, especially if any foliage overhangs your path or blocks out natural light.
- Front door basics – make sure your doorbell works and your door number visible. Give the door itself a fresh coat of paint or wash down what’s already there. If you have outside lighting, turn it on for evening visits.
- Bin it – recycling boxes and wheelie bins are essential but look unsightly. Remove them to the rear of the property if you can, or use a bin store or screen to hide them as much as possible.
- Clear any clutter – if your front garden has become a home for brokenbikes or items destined for the tip, it’s time to get rid of them so the focus is on your property.
- Use flower power – the easiest way to brighten your front-of-house is by adding a couple of pots to your doorstep, planted with seasonal blooms. Keep watering them, however, as dead or fading flowers suggest neglect.